Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Decomposition Tree is not working anymore

The dataset is using a Local Model (DirectQuery to AS, with Azure Analysis Services as the underlying Data Source). It was working last 2 or 3 weeks ago and it's returning an error.

mguerin_0-1637779055634.png

Perhaps you can check your data source to find this field whether it should return a value as varible, be a vaild table or a function as the error message mentioned.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Whether have the right access to the data source and the gateway has been configured correctly?

In additionm, you can click 'See details' to find the detail information about this issue for further.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer.

I receive the error on the Desktop as well and have access to the data. 
Here is the error details, if that can help 🙂 not sure where the TOPPERLEVEL is comig from

mguerin_0-1638312776178.png

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Perhaps you can check your data source to find this field whether it should return a value as varible, be a vaild table or a function as the error message mentioned.

Best Regards,

russfai
Employee

I am having the exact same issue with the exact same error message when using a composite model - both on the service and on my desktop.  It works fine if I use a non-composite model.

russfai_1-1652314617723.png

russfai
Employee

I have a connection with Azure Analysis Services as the underlying Data Source.  When I change the connection to a "DirectQuery to AS", the Decomposition Trees stop working with this error message:

russfai_0-1652895222145.png

CLANG10
Helper I

Facing the same issue ( cannot resolve name TOPNPERLEVEL) , any solution yet?

CLANG10_1-1677832478654.png