Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Decimal places 0 unexpected behaviour

In my source data i have a column with integer values. 

In the data page in PBI Desktop its settings are: datatype whole number, format whole numer, decimal places 0.

I use this column in 2 tables; in one table I dont summarize, in another I use average.

If I use decimal places bigger than 0, the format of both tables is identical; the number of set decimal places.

If I use decimal places = 0, then the format of the not summarized version has no decimals, but the averaged version has 2 decimals.

Is this because of regional settings? But one would expect that setting 0 gives you no decimal places.

Workaround is making a custom/formula measure for each version but I want to avoid that.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 80688870. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

This is by design currently. The model level formatting isn't used for the other aggregation types like Avg. The user could logs an idea on ideas.powerbi.com for setting model level formatting for each aggregation types. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu