Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

December 2018 upgrade issues?

Since I upgraded my BI desktop to the December release I've had many challenges. 

First and foremost, the data does NOT consistenly update when I close and apply Power Query updates.

Reports are showing as filtered when there is no indication on the report that a filter has been applied and a review of the query and data page show all the data without filters.

My text filter/slicers works about 50% of the time and I'm suddently getting the "We were unable to determine how many matches the selection will return" when performing a merge on tables that had merged without a problem just minutes before - with NO changes made to either table.

The biggest frustration and time consumer is the query modifications not updating the data/report screens.  I have not found a pattern to troubleshoot this and restarting the report does not always resolve the issue.  

Any suggestions?

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@sdrubsamen,

What is the data source of your Power BI report? Could you please share sample data of the source tables and describe detailed changes you make in source? I will test the scenario on my side.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

sdrubsamen
Frequent Visitor

Did you want the info from the Advanced Editor for the table and/or literal rows of data?  All of my data sources come from an SQL server - mostly views but they are not overly complex. 

In one particular case - if you are referring to the lack of data update after query modification - there are few steps applied and I had not modifed the table except for removing or adding a filter.

I could also send an update when it happens again so you can recreate it?

Thanks for your help!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@sdrubsamen,

Please share the sample data of your SQL views  and describe the detailed steps you make in Power BI so that I can re-create it. 

Regards,
Lydia