Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daylight Saving Time with weird behavior

Want to display a tile with last refreshed date and time according to client's timezone. In Power BI desktop application I have a separate table which uses switchzone() and stores date and time of client, but on publishing it to server where the refresh is scheduled for every 3 hours on data set, the refresh tile doesnt display correct time based on the refresh schedule due to daylight savings. It shows 15mins ahead. Kindly help on how to display a refresh tile according to client's timezone.

Thanks

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @andriaroylin,

As far as I know, the time zone are defined in whole hours like UTC + 5. Is the daylight saving different from UTC time in minutes? If so, I'm afraid you need to adjust it in the code. 

How do you get the refreshed date? Is it same like it describes in this blog?

Please vote on this idea. Then we can get the refresh date easily.

Best Regards,

Dale

philspokas
Regular Visitor

@andriaroylin,

Are you using ToLocal() in your SwitchZone() logic? If so, not that behaviour will be different when running in the PowerBI service vs. running on desktop.  ToLocalI() converts to the "local" timezone. The Power BI Service runs in GMT which may be different than your local timezone and therefore behavior will be diffent between local desktop and server.

If on the other hand, you're hardcoding a value in SwitchZone(), I'm not aware of an issue. I've built logic that uses SwitchZone, and a Daylight Savings table to check for a timezone and so offesets to my desired timezone when deployed to the PowerBI Service.