Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dates not being recognised correctly in Power BI

I'm trying to import several .xls files. One of the columns is a date in es-ES locale (formatted in Excel as mmm-AA). When transforming the column to Date type, Power BI will get correctly all dates except those in March, as shown here:

screenshot1.PNGscreenshot2.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eyesem,

From your screenshots, it seems that your OS region is Spanish, right? 

Based on my research, the date format in Excel should be mar.-19 instead of mar-12, would you please double check it on your side? 

q4.PNG 

Also please change the Regional Settings in Power BI desktop to Spanish,see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/supported-languages-countries-regions#choose-the-locale-fo...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

eyesem
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

The format in this excel is custom: 'mmm-aa', that's why it's showing that format. Nevertheless behind the format is the date the number is correct:

cap7.PNG

My Power BI configuration is already in spanish:

cap3.PNG

Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eyesem,

If we set the same format for date columns in Excel, we are still able to get corresponding date values. 

q8.PNG

Is it possible for you to share Excel and pbix file with us? If it is, you can upload them to your Onedrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu