Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date visual not showing all data in PBI Service, but it does in PBI Desktop

Hi, I have a report that has been working like a charm since its creation about 2-3 years ago. We recently migrated to Dynamics Online and after changing the datasource to Dataverse - nothing else changed in the logic - the numbers showing in a specific visual is different in the Service than in Desktop. Desktop is showing the correct numbers, I upload it and after the data gets refreshed the visual changes and is showing wrong numbers. The visual itself is just a simple new customers per month, nothing advanced about the measures used at all.

I tried downloading it and if I update it in Desktop it once again shows the correct numbers, however the same problem occurs when I re-upload it again to the Service. I've tried deleting the report and uploading a new identical report - same problem. Anyone has encountered anything like this? 

Glad to hear that it could be resolved by the timezone and thanks for your sharing that will help others on the community who may have the same issue. This issue would be closed.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test.

Since it works in Power BI Desktop, you can try to test whether this issue happens in Power BI Service or in the data source:

Try to create a new report with few data from the same data source and use the same measure, publish this report to the same workspace in Power BI Service and refresh this report to check that whether the value is the same as in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

cjorgensen

Solved it. The problem was not a faulty visual after all, it was a problem with timezones (...). UTC and DST made data created 00:00 AM appear to be 10:00 PM instead.

slavkoanakievsk

Hello @cjorgensen, Can you explain in details what was the problem with timezones and what you've changed?

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Glad to hear that it could be resolved by the timezone and thanks for your sharing that will help others on the community who may have the same issue. This issue would be closed.

Best Regards,