Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date slicers are fixed to US date format since Feb 2018 Update

As per the title all basic date slicers are stuck in the US date format and cannot be changed. My regional setting are set to UK and changing this around does not fix the issue.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've been able to get this resolved in browsers using the various solutions posted elsewhere, such as https://superfarb.com/power-bi-customising-date-format/.

However, we've been unable to get the date formats for date sliders to display correctly for the language/regional setting in iOS browsers. Tested Safari, Edge and Chrome and all display in the US date format (ie. mm/dd).

lonojee
Regular Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue in Australia:

In my PBI desktop I have created a date slicer with the dd/mm/yyyy format. My locale settings for PBI and browsers are all Australia. When I published the reports they all defaulted to the US date format. Not a critical issue but definitely annoying as I'm getting a lot of queries on the date formats in my business.

dgwilson
Resolver III

@lonojee - what version of Power BI Desktop are you using? I think the date slicer issues were eventually fixed in after a couple of bad releases. I'm using July 18 and have a date slicer that is displaying dd mmm yyyy - it's OK.

- David

lonojee
Regular Visitor

@dgwilson I'm using the July 2018 version. As mentioned earlier my PBI desktop version is fine, but once I have published it online it defaults to the US version.

kyle705
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this?

juanjoseblancob
Frequent Visitor

I keep getting things "broken" every so often with this date format. All I can say is: I go back to the link TrevorL-at-dhhs posted and go through all those options again, until dates behave one more time. Yes, it´s annoying!

guilhermears
Regular Visitor

I confirm the same issue in version 2.104.941.0 64-bit ( april 2022 ).

This issue is happening since February 2022 version update.