Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date slicers are fixed to US date format since Feb 2018 Update

As per the title all basic date slicers are stuck in the US date format and cannot be changed. My regional setting are set to UK and changing this around does not fix the issue.

Comments
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep February 2018 update has banjaxed my date columns particulary when publishing to the Power BI Service. I'm trapped in US version. Should be UK. My Windows 10 regional settings all UK. I now have the year 1899 appearing where there should be a blank date. Was fine with the January update version. Please spend a little more time in quality control before rolling these monthly updates out! The urge to show off new visuals is causing a decline in actual functional quality. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

"

by Moderatorv-quiyu-msft
10 hours ago

Hi all,

The same issue has been reported before internally: CRI 56525764. The fix will be available in the March release.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu"

So now I have to wait a MONTH for this to be fixed?! You're kidding right. My current reports are now being questioned date formatting is an issue. Seriously. Can I role this back to January update?! 

Power BI is becoming a little irksome to use lately. Slow down on the show boating and actually quality control the new versions better please...

Kinsey
Advocate II

Same issue, also noticed that the collapsible ribbon gets stuck (in collapsed). Seems there are a few bugs in the latest update?

ShaneH
Regular Visitor

Hi Also Expericencing this bug using the south african date format now all my time intelligence calculations and Internal Date Tables are not functioning

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to rebuild my Date Table using a Parameter Query in the Advanced Editor. Then ensure my Locale was set to "GB" in the Date Table query results.... Seems to be ok now. Although I'm sure the bug fix in March will render this obsolete...PowerBICreateDateTable.jpg

uk_tj
Advocate IV

Watching

mike_honey
Memorable Member

@masplin - the modeling menu issue actually appeared in the Jan 2018 release, ref:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Locale-Date-Time-Formats-with-show-as-M-d-yyyy-in-menu-Jan-2...

The issues with visuals are slightly broader than described in this thread - Table and Matrix visuals are also affected if the Date & Time format ( * 3/14/2001 1:30:55 PM (G) ) is chosen on the Field.

FYI it's not just UK date formats that are affected, but all us bods in your former colonies also ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no Date format option like DD/MM/YYYY etc.  Please add this again.  this was diappreaed from the recent update of PowerBI.

Subramanian

uk_tj
Advocate IV

Just to add to this...

I have noticed that if I copy a table from data view to excel, half the dates are not recognised as dates by excel and the other half are in US format. I then have to go back to the table in question and format the date time field as a date. It then copies as it should...