Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date slicer - strange selection of dates when moving between D/W/M/Q/Y view

Hi!

If you have selected a day/period in one view, then switch to another less detailed view and click on the period with the already selected day/period, the selection will only include the period before/after the selected day/period (depending on which side of the selection you click on).

Example:

In day view (D), you select the first three days of year 2018, then move to year view (Y) and click on 2018. Only 362 days will be selected (from 4th of January through 31st of December). This is really hard to spot as it looks like the whole year has been selected.

I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but when I open year view and click on 2018, I would expect the whole year to be selected regardless of what my selection in a previous view was. This has already caused some misunderstandings in my project.

Kind regards,

Elin 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @elinblegen,

Would you please share a sample pbix file or some screenshots to make the issue more clear? Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

elinblegen
Regular Visitor

Here is an example of what I do. I have added a measure to show how many days are selected. DateSlicer.png

elinblegen
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thank you for your reply! Please see the example I provided. Is this sufficcient, or do you need more examples?

Kind regards,

Elin