Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date slicer dropdown menu not available in Service

I have several reports that have a date filter using the relative option. Some users like to switch this to the between option, however in the Service the dropdown menu enabling this functionality is no longer there.

This functionality is available in the desktop file, am I imagining that this was ever possible in the Service? Surely this has to be a bug!

Untitled.png

Regards,

Jake

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jcarville

In Power BI service, you can view the report view Edit mode, than you should be able to change slicer mode. 

q1.PNG

Or you can create a bookmark to save the slicer visual with Between mode. When users view the report, they can click on the bookmark to get Between mode slicer. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jcarville
Skilled Sharer

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft  thanks for the suggestions but my users don't have edit mode (rightly so), and I don't particularly want to have to do a bookmark workaround for this as it seems like over-kill given the feature is there in edit mode!

Was this ever a feature in read only mode?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jcarville

I'm afraid we can't change slicer mode without entering report edit mode. 

Using bookmark feature doesn't modify the existing report. The user still can view the report with previous saved status by clicking Rest to Default button.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jcarville
Skilled Sharer