Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date filter issue between October 31, 2020 and November 1, 2020

As we can see in the attached image, I configured a date filter between 10/1/2020 and 10/31/2020 (PT-BR format in image: dd/mm/yyyy), but the filter is bringing information from November. I already created a new mass of data to check if the problem was with the old one and the same problem happens. 

https://i.imgur.com/LqHI5EV.png 

can you guys create an xlsx file with the same date range to test if the problem is just with me?

Version: https://i.imgur.com/lkGowmV.png

Sincerely,

Guilherme Dino

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Guilhermedino ,

Before finding what is the issue, please aswer the below questions.

Are you using calander table ?

If so check the data(columns) which are in use inthis realtionship.

Is the data(column) in x-axis and the slicer are same ?

If so than than it normal to get this type issue.

Br,

Nithin S

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we got the same problem here.

I created a calendar on Dax and filtered only october but the list shows november first.

AdanYosh1_1-1604084749764.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
leommoreno

There's the problem in Brazil's timezone.

to take the test just change the country and the day count is correct.

Example with the same Brazilian time but without daylight saving time:
tzutil / s "Argentina Standard Time_dstoff"

to return to Brazilian time use:
tzutil / s "E. South America Standard Time_dstoff"

Always close the file before changing zones, when reopening the count will be correct.

If the problem is really that, then to adjust it without having to change the zone of all the pcs just change the zone on the powerbi.

Just add an hour, i'll leave the prints to show you how:

pastedImage.png

pastedImage (1).png

Captura de tela 2020-11-04 151021.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leommoreno Thanks for sharing!

It solved the problem.

guilhermears
Regular Visitor

Hi, guys.

I have the same problem here. Thanks for the explanations and proposed solutions.

The timezone workarround solution is difficult to use, due to impact on other Power BI files, Office Documents and apps that rely on date and timezone. Also, it has to be done in each PC with Power BI ...
Even new column's workarround solution doesn't works here, it would be a huge work due to lots of files to change calendar table.

So, although there are some workarround solutions, the problem in software still exists and I think it should be corrected by Microsoft Power BI.

Is there any way to change type of this issue to bug with a higher priority ?

As long as there is no effective solution by Microsoft, I'll try use older versions to see what happens and also I'll be waiting for some new ideias about how to solve this problem.

Also, I voted in both posts of this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guilhermedino I had the same issue when plotting graphs. When i plot the date at the Axis, it returnes 31/10/2020 23:00:00 instead of 01/11/2020 00:00:00. 

I came with the same conclusion, adding 1 hour to my Calendar column Date. 
The default appears to return 00:00:00 from the dates created with the DAX Calendar function.

My PBI is based on US, so the Dailight Saving Time (https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/usa/new-york) ocurred at 2.a.m...but it seems affected early hours at PBI