Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date field issue on power bi data flow

Hi Support,

I have had a huge issue on the Power Bi data flow, I used a lot of data as date type but it's showing unclassified

data type on the flow. I have many entities error so please immediately fix this thing.

Keerati

+66834482282

Comments
keeratibenz

2019-11-19_9-25-55.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem happened recently

msportbase
Regular Visitor

Exact the same issue with me, since yesterday. Very annoying!

Changing the datatype to datetime will "solve" the problem. Bu that's not something you want actually.

Please fix!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is completely unacceptable.

Date fields on existing dataflows has been changed to datetime without any notice.

If I were to change these columns back to date type or create new dataflows with date type columns, the column will be "unclassified" and the entire entity doesn't show up if I try to connect with Power BI Desktop.

DCL_MAREN
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I have the same problem.  it worked perfectly until today. When I use  "date" datatype , power bi doesn't recognize the datatype, it show unclassified
Although the data flow refresh correctly , the entity does not appear in the power bi desktop.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 159107800. ETA for fix is end of week.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

vvillama
Advocate I

I'm with @Anonymous , this is unacceptable. 

If we set type date to a column it's for a reason, "the system" can't be randomly changing these datatypes to datetime.

By performing these changes without warning you're putting in jeopardy many customer's data load cycles.

There should be more communication when changes like this take effect so we could prepare for worst case scenarios.

We're also experiencing a connection to sharepoint from the service, which is set to privacy Organizational, changing itself to Private, causing issues due to different privacy levels on queries that merge data from more than one source. Why are things such as this happening without notice?

scottcomputers

Same problem today. Wrecked my models.

msportbase
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft is the issue already solved?