Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date bug with Sharepoint file sources

As mentioned in these threads:

- http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Date-issues-with-Sharepoint-file-sources...

- https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sharepoint-folder-date-problem/m-p/382489/highlight/false#M...

PowerBI has a bug since the March release when it comes to reading files from Sharepoint and using the date fields provided by Sharepoint. This not only affects the desktop but also the service.

Comments
vancromy
Frequent Visitor

@eFeM135

I know the context of this discussion is API version 15, and that the issue is related to regional setting differences between PBI and SP. I was getting the same error as you. I just suggested that rolling back to the API version 14 brought through the date fields without timezone information thus eliminating the regional setting problem.

Sascha1
Advocate I

I can confirm @eFeM135's findings: the bug persists in the latest version:

February's release:

Version Feb 2018Version Feb 2018Feb 2018 = okFeb 2018 = okVersion Apr 2018Version Apr 2018Apr 2018 = IssueApr 2018 = Issue

I'll set the API version to 14 now, to see if that solves the problem.

ozhug
Advocate II

i change the initial source step from 

SharePoint.Files("https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/sites/myreportfile/", [ApiVersion = 15])

to

SharePoint.Files("https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/sites/myreportfile/", [ApiVersion = 14])

and it works for me 

zaaz

I can confirm @eFeM135's and @ozhug's findings that changing the ApiVersion flag to 14 is a good work-around for the issue.

AnthonyB
Advocate I

Just confirming that I've hit this issue as well and have changed the ApiVersion from 15 to 14 as a workaround successfully.

My SPOL site region locale is: English (Australia)

I'm using PBI Desktop Version: 2.60.5169.4101 64-bit (July 2018)

vco
Regular Visitor

Changing the API version from 15 to 14 does indeed solve the issue when working with PBI Desktop, but if one publish the report on app.powerbi.com, it is not possible to refresh the dataset anymore, the refresh failing with an error like "SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error occurred while processing this request.)"

If one switch back to API version 15, the refresh is working again, but then the date issue is back.

So, the workaround is only working when using PBI Desktop, not when using the SaaS (app.powerbi.com) with files on sharepoint.com...

Waiting for a proper solution for this...

ffuzinatto
Regular Visitor

Prezados, consegui resolver o caso, quando importado o arquivo do SharePoint as datas de criação e modificação são apresentados como erro.

Trata-se, como já disseram em outros posts, de configuração do formato de data:
SharePoint: mm/dd/yyyy
PWBI: dd/mm/yyyy.

O que está acontecendo é que o Power BI espera os dados de forma dd/mm/yyyy e o sharepoint fornece mm/dd/yyyy.

Fiz as alteraçõe em meu perfil no SharePoint para que todas as informações de idioma fossem no formato Português Brasil (dd/mm/yyyy).

Demorou 2 a 3 dias para replicar as informações em todos os servidores de SharePoint, porém após o término, todas as datas vieram corretas, possibilitando utilizá-las em consultas nulas.

Segue passo a passo:

Ao final, após clicar em Salvar Tudo, ele informará que levará dias para sincronizar, mas pode ficar tranquilo que já está salvo.

1- 

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
the same issue has started for me Version: 2.74.5619.621 64-bit (October 2019
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still face the same issue.  When i switch to version 15 there are many columns with error.  With version 14 all the columns are displayed with no errors but at the end there is a record added and its all columns with errors. 

Really dont know how to get rid of this.  If i click on Error under version 14 below is the error message.   I have multiple files with same name, so have to pick the latest one based on 'Date Modified' from the sharepoint attributes.  

image.png

Michael-PBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

almost 2 years later and the bug still seems to cause trouble, now also in the PBI data flows.

We are using data flows on premium capacity to ingest CSV files from a SharePoint folder into ADLS Gen2 before further transformation. This morning some files simply did not load anymore, although it worked over the last 4+ months without this issue.

Luckily, all I had to do was to change the line with the SharePoint connector to switch the API version from 15 back to 14, and all files were imported again.

SharePoint.Files(SharePointURL, [ApiVersion = 15])  /* failed */

SharePoint.Files(SharePointURL, [ApiVersion = 14])  /* succeeded */

Wonder when MS will make their PBI interact with SharePoint properly...