Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date Time Format missing

I am missing a few Date Time formats in Data View. 

The one that I particulary need is : 'yyyy-MM-dd'. 

I tried by changing Regional Settings(Global and Locale), I reinstalled Power BI( my version: 2.75.5649.801 (19.11)), but still not resolving the issue.

Also I need Data Type:date, not string.

What could be the problem in this situation? 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Based on my test, if the Regional Settings is English(United States) in Power BI desktop version 2.75.5649.801 64-bit (November 2019), it's able to find the date format 'yyyy-MM-dd'. Please change your regional settings for desktop as ours then test again. Also you can try to open the sample report on your side, check if the date format 'yyyy-MM-dd' is available. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

As you can see, 'yyyy-MM-dd' still not available for me. My Regional Settings are set to English(United States). What else could I try? 

datetimeformatmissing.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all,

I have a similar issue.

I created a report on one computer, with a specific date/time format (d MMM yyy h:mm).

When I opened the report on another computer, with a different regional settings, the date/time field did not display properly (M/d/yy).

When I tried to change the date/time format - I got a cascade of errors ('Something went wrong')

Is there another way to define this?

Thanks