Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date Slicers Do Not Sync Correctly Between Reports on PowerBI.com

Hello,

It appears there is a bug with date slicers syncing between reports when published to PowerBI.com.  The date slicers sync correctly in Power BI Desktop.  When published to PowerBI.com, a day is added to the date on each additional tab that is synced.  

Example: we have three tabs on a report with date slicers synced.  You select 1/1/2018 to 6/1/2018 as your date range on the first tab of the report. On each additional report tab, the date will display as 1/1/2018 to 6/2/2018.  

Troubleshooting: We have tried creating multiple different reports and publishing to PowerBI.com. All work correctly in Power BI desktop, all have the same issue of adding a day when publishing to PowerBI.com.

Sample Report Data:

SampleData.jpg

Report Tab 1 where date range is entered:

ReportTab1.jpg

Report Tab 2.  A day is automatically added to 6/1/2018 so it's now filtering from 1/1/2018 to 6/2/2018.  This also happens if you change the date on the second report tab. If I change 6/2/2018 back to 6/1/2018, the first report tab will now show 1/1/2018 to 6/2/2018.

ReportTab2.jpg

Comments
snicolas
Regular Visitor

Same issue for me.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MW630@snicolas,

The issue has been reported internally: CRI 73898416. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

MW630
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Vicky_Song @v-qiuyu-msft 

Is there any update on this? This is a pretty large issue keeping us from rolling out reports firm wide. 

Thanks. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The issue has been fixed both in Power BI desktop version 2.61.5192.601 64-bit (August 2018) and Power BI service. Please test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MW630
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @v-qiuyu-msft - I tested after installing the August update and it appears to be working correctly after republishing the reports.