Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date Slicer Sliders No Longer Changing With Other Slicers

Originally I was able to say have:

A date slider on the page (from my date table), along with another filter on page - say 'financial year' (from the same date table, just another column within that) so if people wanted to be able to narrow down the range in the slider before diving in further they could.

I'll also clarify - in all the time I've done this before the different columns are all from a central date table, and interaction is turned on (within edit interactions).

Until recently, this worked perfectly - a user could pick a financial year and the date slider would adjust to only show dates within that range, but I've found this functionality no longer seems to happen - even if I have the FY filter within the filter pane instead - the date slider still shows my full date range.

However any other tables etc on the page don't ignore the FY filter selection.

Could this be looked into please, or am I going wrong somewhere? As mentioned, this used to work.

Hi @MainlineData ,

We need to determine exactly which version of PowerBI Desktop the problem is occurring on, please provide specific information.
Also, does the problem exist when the report is published to Service?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @MainlineData ,

We need to determine exactly which version of PowerBI Desktop the problem is occurring on, please provide specific information.
Also, does the problem exist when the report is published to Service?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

MainlineData
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for the response:

My Power BI desktop is version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (December 2022).

It's ran on a Windows 10 machine (if that makes much difference).

Have also just tested the issue doesn't present itself in service (once interactions are turned on), seems localised to desktop.

Thank you