Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date Picker bug in Slicer

Hi there,

The calendar doesn't function as expected when using the Slicer with a date, with Slicer header ON, and Between set.

On clicking on either date field, it correctly pops up the date picker. I then click on the Year and select another Year. The calendar then closes without changing the date. This is incorrect behaviour. The same happens with the Month selector.

It only happens on the first time you select a year (or month) after loading the page. When you try the date picker again, it works fine, taking you back to the calendar with the correct year (or month) selected.

On the other hand, if I select a date from the current month, that works fine.

This occurs in both Power BI Desktop and in app.powerbi.com.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Based on my test, when I click on Year/Month to select another Year/Month, the calendar date picker is here for us to select date, the Year/Month list close automatically. 

In your scenario, please update your Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.65.5313.621 then test it again. 

On Power BI service, which browser do you use? I tested with Chrome browser and it's fine. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this. I updated to the latest version (I was already on an earlier November version) but it didn't change the behaviour.

I then created a new slicer with identical settings and it did work correctly. So therefore it was either a corruption in the slicer in my PBIX or a bug has been fixed since that slicer was created, in the new Power BI Desktop version.

Either way, all is now fine. Thanks for your support.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It looks like the issue is resolved now? May I close the thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu