Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Date Format Error

Dear All,

Is there a way to change date format to this column? or there is a better way to do it.

gschwen87_0-1671426686446.png

gschwen87_1-1671426702463.png

gschwen87_2-1671426714102.png

gschwen87_3-1671426726785.png

Thanks to help.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You should be able to convert text formatted date's to dateTime without any issue so there is something trong with the text. It might be that it's the wrong delimiters or that there are other blankspaces present in the date. If you provide an image of the dates I might be able to see if there are any issues directly. 

Otherwise what you can do if you really can't get it to work is splitting the text column up in year, month and date and use this custom column to create a date: (Make sure that all three columns are formatted to whole number)

For  original post you may refer to:

Solved: DataFormat.Error: We couldn't parse the input prov... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: We couldn't parse the input provided as a DateTime... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous ,

You should be able to convert text formatted date's to dateTime without any issue so there is something trong with the text. It might be that it's the wrong delimiters or that there are other blankspaces present in the date. If you provide an image of the dates I might be able to see if there are any issues directly. 

Otherwise what you can do if you really can't get it to work is splitting the text column up in year, month and date and use this custom column to create a date: (Make sure that all three columns are formatted to whole number)

For  original post you may refer to:

Solved: DataFormat.Error: We couldn't parse the input prov... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: We couldn't parse the input provided as a DateTime... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thank you for your replied.

I am trying to make this month in sequence actually...i tried a few method like use of "Enter Data" and filter in between, but it doesnt work for me.

a) month not in sequence

gschwen87_0-1671517970756.png

b) tried to create a new table from 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022 but doesnt work for me

gschwen87_1-1671518029574.png

then adding new table

gschwen87_2-1671518431951.png

gschwen87_3-1671518482924.png

Thanks.