Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datasource.Error: Cannot connect to the mashup datasource

There are three dashboards altogether and they are in the same server and are connected to the same database. I keep getting "Cannot connect to the mashup data source" error. If I click on "See details", it says "MYSQL: Host is blocked because of many connection errors; Unblock with mysqladmin flush - hosts". This error keeps coming once in a week. There is only one gateway installed in the server. My data source has got schedule refresh. All these three dashboards get refreshed daily at the same time. Will this create any problem? Do I have to install a personal gateway at least for one of the dashboards to refresh on a daily basis? Is this for sure connection problem? But when I check the connections, there are many connections left out. It will be of great help if I get a solution to this issue. I am facing this issue for almost two and a half months. There are few things that I have done thinking that it will be a work around but of no use. 1) I deleted the gateway and re-installed it. 2) After doing the first point, after few days deleted the data source credential and added the credentials back. Again, should I install the personal gateway?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Prathikshachand,

1. Please check if you hit the bug listed in this blog: http://mysqlblog.fivefarmers.com/2013/08/08/mysql-5-6-users-prevent-host-blocked-errors/

2. Please increase max_connection value for MySQL. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu