Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datasets says refreshed in service, but data is not refreshed

Hi All,

I found a similiar issue, https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Schedule-Refresh-PowerBI-service-Dataset-not-being-updated/..., and tried to find any tables set to mixed mode or query in my datasets but they are all import. 

I have multiple datasets connected to my database in import mode with powerbi pro. Recently as of about 7/2/2020, they report refreshed in the gateway, but the data is still old and not updated. 

Database - CWDB

Connectivity - import

Powerbi pro

Storage - saved to onedrive

If I do a manual refresh within the desktop file it updates correctly. I've noticed that some of my files have scheduled refresh cache and some do not, but I cannot find any that have live query or mixed mode. 

Any ideas on what else I can check or is there any additional information I can look at to help determine the root cause of this issue?

Screenshot from model mode where I am checking storage mode:

Screenshot from powerbi service dataset settings

image.png

Thanks,

Seth Calkins

Comments
cthurston
Advocate II

I am having the same problem with Scheduled cache refresh, this is a terrible issue for my company to be having at the end of the month.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Schedule cache refresh is different with tile refresh of the dashboard. To check if the data is refreshed, you can refresh the report manually on power bi service and check if data changed.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

cthurston
Advocate II

My report is a direct query, I have also used SQL profiler to ensure that the data being queried is correct, but without any filters, on my data, it is being displayed incorrectly for one set of data.  There is no RLS on this dataset. 

Regards

Chad