Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datasets connected to Google BigQuery are no longer refreshing

Hello,

since yesterday all of the datasets in our tenant that have a BigQuery connection have stopped refreshing because they are returning this error:

<Dataset name> has failed to refresh.
Failure details: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached

I was told it is something that happens from time to time, but it has never happened to me before and I don't know how to fix it. The refresh works in Power BI Desktop, but it fails on the Service.

This issue is blocking tens of reports from refreshing.

Could someone please help? Thanks!

Hi @AMMK,

May I know whether this issue still exists? If you refresh your datasets by on-demand refresh, will this issue happen either? Are the refresh time of these datasets based on Google BigQuery adjacent?

Similar posts may help you:

Solved: Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reach... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Error Interacting with REST API while connecting t... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AMMK,

May I know whether this issue still exists? If you refresh your datasets by on-demand refresh, will this issue happen either? Are the refresh time of these datasets based on Google BigQuery adjacent?

Similar posts may help you:

Solved: Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reach... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Error Interacting with REST API while connecting t... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

AMMK

Hello @v-cazheng-msft ,

it looks like yesterday the issue has stopped all by itself. I'll let you know if we run into the same issue again.

Thanks!