Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataset refresh failure

"We can't retrieve the data for table AD Premium Production from the data source due to a timeout. Please verify that the data source can process the import queries. A data import must be completed in less than 60 minutes."

The SQL side of this runs in 90 seconds. No idea why this runs for 60 mins or anyweher close to 60 mins.

Please check it out for us.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Sureshot,

From your description, it looks like the dataset get data from SQL database, right? 

Please go to Refresh History, click on the Show for failed refresh, share these information with us. Also please share gateway log with us. You can upload these information to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Sureshot
Helper I

Below is the error message. I will forward on the Gateway logs once The Azure Admin provides them.

Something went wrong
We can't retrieve the data for table AD Premium Production from the data source due to a timeout. Please verify that the data source can process the import queries. A data import must be completed in less than 60 minutes.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 1ee153df-9df9-43fd-8282-588a1061d3e9
Request ID: f083d47c-4778-48fe-b4d9-fc0a6f4e217a
Time: 2018-12-11 15:18:16Z

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Sureshot,

Please download the pbix file and refresh it in Power BI desktop, check if any error occurs to AD Premium Production table and how long does refresh finish. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu