Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataset Refresh Error with Nov 20 Gateway Release - "The underlying connection was closed: Could not

See error message in text below.  Starting occuring 11/18th after our Gateway was updated to Nov 20 release.

My desktop solution has a few queries; the main one being a folder query called Powershell to extract text files.  Within the steps of this query, I merge a team member table  and other excel file data too.

The team member table source is from a PowerBI Flow.

The flow works fine and refreshes

The team member table by itself refreshes fine

The 'folder' query - refeshes fine within the Desktop

.... but produces the error found in the description below within the service

Through process of elimination; I found the error happens within the query execution, at the part where it merges in the Flow team member data.  

I've re-archietected my query flow to exclude that merge and do the work inside the model instead.  Now the solution refreshes without the error.

I am not an admin in either the service or the gateway and I dont know if there is simple configuration to change or not.

Last refresh failed: Mon Nov 23 2020 10:43:04 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"https://api.powerbi.com/powerbi/globalservice/v201606/clusterdetails"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mash...
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:571c70ab-a8b2-4a01-92a9-b45f9d9eb90c
Request ID:f924a034-483c-f45a-4a23-a9e737f08847
Time:2020-11-23 16:43:04Z

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jeckste 

You may keep an eye on the Awareness.