Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datamart should allows multiple connection to various datasources

While data mart support connecting to Dataflow, the connection seems to be override each time new query is added and the connection is set as unique within the datamart. I wonder how this configuration be helpful if users want to pull data from multiple  diffrent sources and adding some Dimension dataflow to finalize it as a dataset as the output at other end of Datamart? Can this be changed to allow connection saved by various datasource within datamart?

image.png

Hi @rdnguyen 

Do you want to connect other data sources in the same datamart through different gateways ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
rdnguyen
Helper V

Adding to the reason I mentioned above in case someone suggest to use dataflow to build connection to onprime resource, then datamart sit on top to load from all other dataflows within Power BI service; so in this screenshot, Datamart is treated as individual separated from predecessor dataflow, which mean the refresh from dataflow won't touch inside datamart despite the fact that both reside in the same workspace.

In other words, the refresh schedule has to be configure twice and 1 hour delay of data at least.

image.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @rdnguyen 

Do you want to connect other data sources in the same datamart through different gateways ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

rdnguyen
Helper V

Great to hear from you Alisa. The goal is to let my data mart pull data from both on prime resource and dataflow in Power BI service, then could you please suggesting me a solution as for now (as mentioned in the ticket above), the connection to Power BI service override connection to on prime via gateway failing dataload at gateway?

Question please, as far as I know Gateways cannot be active more than one in the same server cluster. If I deploy different gateways, that would mean I need more servers?

Mat101
Regular Visitor

hello @rdnguyen and @v-yetao1-msft

Any update on this topic ?

I`m facing with similar issue 

rdnguyen
Helper V

@Mat101 , the work around is to build a dataflow that collect from all other data stream, then build datamart refering to that immediate dataflow.