cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datamart Unable to open because it is not connected to it's dataset,

Working on a datamat, and earlier this morning needed to make one small change which was to change a column name, hit save and it failed during the load and gave me the error "Unable to open the datamart because it is not connected to it's dataset. Wait a few seconds, and then try again." It ended up taking 5 hours before I was able to open it again for it to then fail after i did a different change which was changing a column type. Now it is locked.

So during that 5 hours i created a datamart with the same data... And sure as can be it also locked up with the same issue. I know i saw a post a few months ago that this was getting fixed but obviously not the case.

Let me know if you need anymore details

Hi @Wilsonjr ,

There is an existing ICM for this kind of issue(ICM 317788142). According to the reply,the following suggestions were given and successfully solved the problem,

vmengzhumsft_0-1664503698028.png

Hope it works for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Wilsonjr ,

There is an existing ICM for this kind of issue(ICM 317788142). According to the reply,the following suggestions were given and successfully solved the problem,

vmengzhumsft_0-1664503698028.png

Hope it works for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Rezki_Karar
Regular Visitor

Hello,

for those having this issue, I believe I found a quick workaround which seems to work for me .

go to the dataset related to the locked datamart, then for view Lineage and open the Datamart from there.

I hope this helps.

Rezki_Karar_1-1666174651318.png

Andreas_O
Frequent Visitor

@Rezki_Karar That helped me to recover my suspended Datamart, thank you!