Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datamart Unable to open because it is not connected to it's dataset,

Working on a datamat, and earlier this morning needed to make one small change which was to change a column name, hit save and it failed during the load and gave me the error "Unable to open the datamart because it is not connected to it's dataset. Wait a few seconds, and then try again." It ended up taking 5 hours before I was able to open it again for it to then fail after i did a different change which was changing a column type. Now it is locked.

So during that 5 hours i created a datamart with the same data... And sure as can be it also locked up with the same issue. I know i saw a post a few months ago that this was getting fixed but obviously not the case.

Let me know if you need anymore details

Hi @Wilsonjr ,

There is an existing ICM for this kind of issue(ICM 317788142). According to the reply,the following suggestions were given and successfully solved the problem,

vmengzhumsft_0-1664503698028.png

Hope it works for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Wilsonjr ,

There is an existing ICM for this kind of issue(ICM 317788142). According to the reply,the following suggestions were given and successfully solved the problem,

vmengzhumsft_0-1664503698028.png

Hope it works for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Rezki_Karar
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

for those having this issue, I believe I found a quick workaround which seems to work for me .

go to the dataset related to the locked datamart, then for view Lineage and open the Datamart from there.

I hope this helps.

Rezki_Karar_1-1666174651318.png

Andreas_O
Frequent Visitor

@Rezki_Karar That helped me to recover my suspended Datamart, thank you!