cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datalake Gen 2 data source not working in Power BI Service

Hi.  So I have successfully used the new Data Lake Gen 2 Connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to a JSON file which is stored in Data Lake Gen 2 blob storage.  I can then publish the report to the Service.  

 

However, I want to schedule an automatic refresh of the dataset in the Power BI Service.  In the 'Data Source Credentials' area it says I need to 'Edit Credentials'.  I then choose Oauth2 as the Authentication method, and Organisational as the privacy level.  When I hit the 'Sign In' button it shows my Azure AD login screen....I entered those details successfully but then it came up with the following error saying that the 'data source kind is not supported'.   

 

I'm guessing this is related to the Data Lake Gen 2 Power BI Desktop connector still being in Beta.  Any idea when it will be available to use in the Service?  Keenly awaiting this....  Any info would be appreciated.

DLG2 Service data source issue.png

Status: New
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

 

Please create a support ticket to get dedicated help. 

 

Support Ticket.gif

 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, will do.  Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @davidcpb

 

I am running into the same issue, and I tested this with multiple AD accounts and storage keys and different ADLS accounts. 

 

If/when you get feedback on this error could you let me know, as we are working on a project and were keen to use this connector.

 

I also opened an issue on github based on this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/data-lake-storage-use-power-bi#feedback

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/38862

 

Thank you!

 

Kind Regards

Tian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous  - I raised a ticket with Support, who advised that the connector is not yet supported in the Service....only on Desktop currently. However, I read your other thread on GitHub which sounds like they expect it should be working and therefore could be a bug.  I hope it's this and therefore would be fixed sooner so I can refresh my reports automatically.