Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflows

Ever since about 6am Eastern today, my dataflow refreshes have been  just spinning - no errors, just spinning like it's trying to load the data.

Existing ICM for similar issue(ICM 297756751). It should be a new known issue that dataflow refresh taking long times that usual to complete. Employee engages this issue as well.

Comments
rajaveluk
Frequent Visitor

Any update from anyone about the resolution for this issue from Microsoft ?

Thanks!

mosunic
Regular Visitor

Microsoft suppourt was able to fix my issue, they had me cancel all active dataflows then change the workspace subscription from Premium per user to Pro and then back.  This immediately fixed all dataflows in the workspace and have functioned correctly since.

Jeffreyalbright
Regular Visitor

@rajaveluk  My dataflows have been running good this week.  I did make some changes to my premium workspace by triggering scheduled dataflow/dataset refreshes through microsoft flow.

IrkenCR
Employee

Hello everyone,

I'm support engineer, I saw that the Product Team has updated the support page, we are aware of this known issue and PG is working on it, from the Support stand point we have provided the walkaround which is distribute the dataflows or switch from Premium to Pro/PPU and then switch back to premium. Check more in the following link:

Known issue - Long running, failed or stuck dataflow in Premium Gen2 - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Support | Microsoft Power BI 

I tried another walkaround with a customer that has multiple capacities, since this issue is impacting mostly North Central US, we have moved some workspaces to a different capacity in a different region and that fixed the issue in the meantime PG fix the main issue.

Have a great day!

edhans
Super User

@IrkenCR - when switching a workspace from Prem to Pro and back to Prem, will all Prem specific features be retained (enhanced compute settings, AI features, etc) or will those have to be set backup?

IrkenCR
Employee

@edhans good question. Let me try this week on a test tenant and I will be back to let you know.

sbrown
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue with two of my several reports

RobertSlattery
Resolver III

I have had two events in the last 6 weeks where this happened to our Premium workspace.  We are in the East Coast of Australia.

@Irken,  if we follow the work-arround, what else changes?

Are the GUIDs of the dataflows and datasets still the same?

Are the refresh schedues preserved?

Are the RLS settings preserved for all datasets?

If datasets are consumed by reports in other workspaces, are the links preserved?

Are the security and sharing of all objects preserved?

tnwcloud
Regular Visitor

@IrkenCR can you report the results of your testing? We have this issue across multiple workspaces with dozens of reports and over a thousand users. We are using Premium features so I need to know if switching back and forth is going to destroy that functionality.

This is a critical issue that was reported over a month ago. Please provide an update and some assurance that it is being worked on.

edhans
Super User

It is DEFINITELY being worked on and the Power BI status page currently highilghts this.

Support | Microsoft Power BI

Sadly, the target for fix is currently June 30.

edhans_0-1651171963046.png