Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflows very very slow Validating Queries

Simple SQL query that runs 7 seconds in SQL takes 19 minutes(!) to validate in Dataflows

19 minutes!!!???
Not just one query.

I've tried SQL Server and PostgreSQL - the time it takes to Validate is just crazy.

What is going on?

Please help

Comments
joannm
Frequent Visitor

Feb 2022 and absolutely unusable... still. One tiny change to one table and i've blown almost a whole day waiting to get this validated and refreshed.

darrenfishell
Advocate II

And this was quietly pushed back from Nov. 2021 (if I recall correctly) to March 2022. Fingers crossed. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2021wave2/power-bi/enhanced-validation-...

robert-murray
Frequent Visitor

Absolutely killing my productivity. SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!

nabullock
Frequent Visitor

It seems like Microsoft is in denial about this issue.   It does not seeem to matter how big or small the dataflow is, it still can take hours to validate - Even when there are no changes.

CAMA_UK_18
Frequent Visitor

I'm trialling a PPU Premium licence to make use of dataflows, and this experience is making me think again...

joannm
Frequent Visitor

I'm on a premuim license-- premium buys you nothing here. This is just atrocious. And no excuse for it.

nabullock
Frequent Visitor

I created a new flow yesterday the simply connects to 5 tables -- no queries, no code of any kind.  What could it be validating? 

I understnd that MS is "Enhancing" this soon. 

Enhanced validation for dataflows - Power Platform Release Plan | Microsoft Docs  

jimithill
Regular Visitor

We are seeing this same issue on multiple tenants. Dataflow validations that were taking a minute are now running 30 minutes even on very small queries. Microsoft, do something about this!

openarchdata
Frequent Visitor

It looks like another day of inoperability in loading, validating, and saving flows. It works late at night, but during daytime hours it becomes inoperable.

CAMA_UK_18
Frequent Visitor

I am so fed up today...