Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dataflows validating queries - error message

In power bi service data flow, I loaded excel files from one drive, completed transformations, and when clicked save & close button getting error after 2 minutes of validation.

dataflows error - query loading.png

An error occurred while validating your queries (session ID:a1862deb-dc87-4364-a78c-b122f2b7a7a5).

Could anyone advise what does this means and any suggestions with the next steps? 

Comments
YuryPetrachenko
Advocate I

We have exactly the same with a couple of dataflows. Even just resaving the flow without changes brings this error.

cvillegas
Advocate IV

Encountering the same thing starting today. Also have a few co-worker experiencing the same behavior using SQL data sources, computed entities, etc.

tbowman
Advocate I

Lost hours of work due to this error today. They need to fix these issues ASAP!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found the same issue, persistently hapenning and not letting me save the query 😒

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue.

JaremRR
Frequent Visitor

+1 here

cmeu
Advocate III

Same issue here, started today. Dataflow is made up of two odbc queries. I can disable load on either and the dataflow will validate and save, however with both enabled it will not save. I've lost a day of work testing, and attempting to re-save and now have no way to go back and revert to previous state. 

Anyone at microsoft paying attention?

"An error occurred while validating your queries (Session ID: 9c59ba5f-9502-41c1-b87c-667552ce3ea5)."

Anonymous
Not applicable

After Doing trouble shooting figured, the issue was due to data source having more columns then the limit of power bi which is 16000 columns. Once the data source was fixed, this issue was resolved automatically.

This issue has been resloved. 

cvillegas
Advocate IV

Microsoft knew about the issue and fixed it over the weekend.

Error fix.png

FireFighter1017
Advocate II

cvillegas, if they fixed over the weekend back in June, why am I facing that same issue?  And why this idea is still in "NEW" state?

I'm reading from an excel spreadsheet that has no tables and we don't want table because it makes the file very slow.

So it reads like 1000 columns in the spreadsheet even though there is nothing past the 5th column.

Would it be the reason why I'm getting this error?

Is there any way I can prevent Power Query from reading 1000 columns?