Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Dataflows not pulling custom lookup fields from Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement

I'm running into an issue with the public preview version of Dataflows not pulling custom lookup fields from Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM Online). When creating the Dataflow, I can get all of these lookup fields pulled in with values, without issue. However, when I go to use this dataset in Power BI Desktop, upon connecting to the Dataflow, I get blanks where for all of the custom lookups. Specifically this is happening with the Leads and Opportunities entities. The fields in question all have the suffix "_display" after the custom field name. 

There is a workaround that invilves using the "Replace Value" function to change the corresponding numerical ID field but this wont work if any of the custom values are altered or new ones added. 

Just putting this on the radar in teh hopes that this can be cleared up before this service is pushed to general availability. Since the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement API is hard to parse for end users, we want to use the Dataflows features to clean up the data sources for easier navigation and consumption.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Kristian-Olson

I would suggest you create a support ticket to look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered