Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dataflows fail to refresh - "pending validation" prevents to save dataflows

Power BI Dataflows have been systematically failing in the last 24 hours "because there was a problem with one or more entities, or because dataflow capabilities were unavailable". No matter if the dataflow queries our on-premises server or or a simple Excel file on SharePoint, it just fails. They have been running for a few months with no problem, beside isolated and temporary failures to refresh.

It seems that all dataflows are “pending validation”. When I open an entity and attempt to save it, it can’t save the entity/dataflow after the validation step fails. Herebelow is the error message that does not tell me much about the issue.

We have got a few organisational reports connected to these dataflows and users need daily refreshes. What can I do about it?

Activity ID: 95c94573-6caf-4ca8-852e-912384d12652

Request ID: 4bb0a5ae-8bb6-743c-de1d-96bba591a9c1

Correlation ID: c3ea76e7-0627-ab78-5866-29ab707d7fa0

Status code: 500

Time: Thu Aug 26 2021 07:52:52 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)

Service version: 13.0.16650.58

Client version: 2108.3.07325-train

Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-d-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Comments
ElenaSSF
Advocate I

This is happening in my production dataflow workspace too.     I can't seem to get a fix for a removed column saved, it's all "Pending Validation".   I'm in a premium workspace that was long since upgraded to modern view.

fffdk
Advocate I

My dataflows are refrefreshing now, but I'm not sure to what extend the upgrade to the new workspace triggered the solution. For the record, the workspace is on premium capacity.

Nevertheless, I do have all my tables showing "pending validation". As such it is not a real issue but it's weird. I'm trying to get a MS support engineer to assist and will let you know if we are successful. 

my76
Frequent Visitor

Mine is still showing 'Pending Validation' but I have managed to get the DataFlow refresh working again. It looks like it was a problem with the DataFlow query steps...

I found some errors in the source data the DataFlow was pulling from. I had not included any error handling in my query steps so I added in a step to replace the error values with null. After doing this the DataFlow refreshed successfully.  This still does not explain why the table continues to show as 'Pending Validation' though. 

my76_0-1630486061747.png

Anthony_Dest
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I actually have the same issue (since it looks like it's localised : I'm in France).

The table type is constantly "Pending Validation", whether I search data from Sharepoint or OneDrive.

I want to add that I couldn't update a dataset with Power Automate either. But I don't know if it is related. 

It is my first time doing those though and it is very helpfull to have updates about this issue here. 

v-yingjl
Community Support

Update:

The fix has been deployeed by the PG team internal and should roll out to all regions by early next week at the latest.

Simliar submited ICM internal: 259091211, 259085840, 259135336, 259071642

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

xcentricdave
Regular Visitor

I'm still experiencing "pending validation" issue / can't refresh, has this fix finished rolling yet?

The error on the dataflow refresh I get is: "Error: AzureBlobs failed to get the response: 'Unable to connect to the remote server'.", but when I edit the dataflow it can connect to the datasource and save, but doesn't validate. Is that the same symptom other people saw?

douwealgra

We have the same issue. I am unable to edit, save or even delete dataflows. We're on a premium server in western-eu.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having "pending validation problem". I'm on a premium per user account.

Can we get an update on the fix? Last Thursday's update said it should roll out to all regions by early in the week at the latest.

lrarbin
Frequent Visitor

Hello All,

We're using a Premium Capacity, and was still experiencing the issue. I found it seems to have been related to still having a 'Workspace V1 (group)' rather than a 'Workspace V2'. I also tried switch the Capacity for the Workspace from Premium to Shared/Pro, and back to Premium might have also helped.
Anyway, my dataflow can be bothed saved and updated without an issue now!

Laurence

sfbind2
Frequent Visitor

@xcentricdave is this the error you see? We are still having this issue.

sfbind2_1-1631109633612.png

sfbind2_0-1631109594690.png