Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflows - No entity after refresh

Hi, ,

I am having issues with a dataflow today. I have made some changes to it earlier today and since then it is not returning any entity. During the preview, it is showing correct data but no data is shown when I connect it through Power BI Desktop. The Power BI Desktop query is not showing any entity. 

This may be linked to the following issues already on the Power BI Support Page

Customers creating a new Dataflow from the Power BI service will see the default setting "Allow combining data from multiple sources" set to true instead of false. As a workaround, customers can uncheck the setting. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 11/22/2019.

Thanks

Nishant

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am seeing the same issue, thought it might be related to the below issue on the support page but I am not in Europe. 

Power BI Customers in the North Europe using on-premise Gateway may experience intermittent scheduled refresh issues resulting in "Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached" error. As a workaround, customers can perform a manual refresh or retry. Engineers are working on a fix and the next update will be provided by 11/19/2019. Support

atapia197
Frequent Visitor

The solution of anselmojg also worked for me.

"The entities that were no longer appearing had at least one field formatted as Date. Edited the dataflow to switch those fields to Date/Time and after refreshing the entities show up again..."

Anton_T
Regular Visitor

I've just tested a workaround proposed by @anselmojg . It works well for me.

1. Go to PowerBI service Power Query.

2. For ALL Date type columns change the type to DateTime.

3. Save.

4. Refresh data.

Result: The table should be accessible now.

I've tried to change the type only for one field and it doesn't work for me. If delete the change type (Data -> DateTime) step, the table will disappear again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got the same issue, I created a load of dataflows yesterday and some of them - seemingly randomly - just won't show me the entities when trying to access them from PBI Desktop. All dataflows created before yesterday are still working fine. I tried the suggested  solution of unticking the "Allow combining data from multiple sources" option, but that didn't resolve the problem. 

Unfortuantely changing the Date to DateTime won't work for me and the issue seems to be happening with entities that contain no Date field as well. 

Anton_T
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous ,

I've just checked my dataflows. All tables without date columns weren't affected. I'm from the EMEA region. 

Btw, I unchecked "Allow combining data from multiple sources..." as it was suggested before.Allow combing data.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anton_T  thanks I've decided to go with the Date/Time amendment and entities are now showing up. Should the Allow combining data be unchecked, does it cause any issues if it remains unticked? I'm not 100% sure on what this functionality does. Thank you 

Anton_T
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous ,

As far as I remember, it allows merging (joinkind, fuzzyjoin functions) one table with another one in Power Query. If you don't use it, I believe there is no reason for worry.

ibarrau
Super User

Hi, having the same issue here. It's not just about DATE. I have the problem also with type "TIME". 

This is terrible I don't want my model to use datetime but I must do it in order to continue working.

The datetime fix is working for me too.

Hope Microsoft update a fix soon.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my entities had only one transformation and it was a datetime -- removing it worked.

But another one of my table does not have a date, time or datetime field (let alone a transformation upon one) and it doesn't load either.  There are other transformations (even a merge) and it used to work perfectly.\

I think the issue is beyond date transforms.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was experiencing the same issue, and the workaround mentioned by @anselmojg  solved it for me.

There were columns formatted as Date (but showing to have an Unclassified type in the dataflow details in the service). When I changed these to Datetime and refreshed the dataflow, the entity then appeared via dataflows in desktop.