Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflows - Data does not refresh when linked DF have different enhanced compute settings

We have found an apparent issue/bug in dataflow refreshes, where linked dataflows have different 'enhanced compute engine' settings. 

To deal with a previous dataflows bug (now resolved), we disabled the enhanced compute engine for some of our dataflows. When the bug was resolved, we set the enhanced compute engine setting back to 'optimized'. We actually did this for some dataflows and not others, in a set of linked dataflows in the same workspace which use linked and computed entities.

We have now found that the data/entities in the dataflows where enhanced compute was still disabled have not actually refreshed at all - even though the 'Refresh history' shows a long series of 'Completed' data refreshes. The data also seems not to have updated even after a 'On demand' refresh. Essentially the data/entities have been 'stuck' in the same state.

We have now resolved this by setting the enhanced compute engine to 'optimized' on all of the dataflows.

I have found nothing in the documentation for dataflows or enhanced compute engine which explains that the enhanced compute setting needs to be the same for all related/linked dataflows, nor can I see any good reason why this would be necessary. So this appears to be an issue/bug which Microsoft need to resolve.

Hi @EMaguire,

Per the latest reply from the Product group in the ICM for the similar, they are working on fixing the bug. But it still need about one month. Please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @EMaguire,

Is the issue that when you disable the enhanced compute engine then your dataflow data doesn’t update? If it is, then there is an existing ICM for a similar issue (288022337 ). Will track it and see whether product group will provide a general fix for this issue.

Best Regards,

EMaguire
Frequent Visitor

Hi Caiyun,

Yes that is the issue - the data and entities in dataflows with enhanced compute disabled were not updating, even when a refresh was completed. Thanks for pointing me to the existing issue/ICM call.

Ed

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @EMaguire,

Per the latest reply from the Product group in the ICM for the similar, they are working on fixing the bug. But it still need about one month. Please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

rdnguyen
Helper V

The enhanced compute engine is set to default optimized to any dataflow in premium per user workspace to my case, and I still have the issue remained unfixed since December 2022