Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow: unexpected error

Hi,

I tried the new Dataflow functionality but regardless of which source I use I keep on receiving an unexpected error.

Somebody knows what to do?

Thx!

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow error.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please update your on-premise data gateway to the latest version 3000.0.144.3 then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

We are even on a higher version: 3000.0.155.1 but it still doesn't work.

Kr,

Valérie

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please ensure you have entered the correct user name and password for SQL data source. 

Instead of creating corresponding for gateway during the time you create a data low entity, you can also go to Manage Gateways create the SQL data source firstly, then create a data flow entity and choose this gateway to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

sd_kevin
Advocate II

Hi, curious if this issue was ever resovled.  I tried different data sources as well, even the 'Blank table' and still received the 'Unexpected error' window with a Session ID and Request ID.  Below that is a text box lable "Mashup text' and text box value = "Failed to get mashup text from server."

Has anyone encountered this issues?

Thank you,

Kevin

FXFelix
Helper II

Hello,

To @Anonymous and @sd_kevin : did you try with workspaces "new style" ?

maxcolaceci
Advocate I

Hello,

I'm facing a similar issue, with the "Failed to get mashup text from server" shown while trying to access a Sharepoint resource.

nberkun
Frequent Visitor

I searched power bi dataflow unexpected error credentials in Google and this page came up. Also, unexpected error when connecting to Oracle db through PBI dataflow even though my ODBC connection to same source is fine. 

nberkun_0-1645058274275.png