Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow unexpected error when trying to edit

I am trying to edit a dataflow but since yesterday i'm getting an unexpected error, I've been working with this dataflow for three months without any problem. I'll appreciate your help.

Captura.PNG

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@hilary_tesillo 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

CRI 248296214

ncbshiva
Advocate V

Workaround is instead of clicking on editing the table, click on "add table" then choose a blank query.

It will then let you open up the flow and you will be able to save it.

menno_scholten2
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft Any update on this?

I'm getting a similar error when opening a dataflow. I can open a dataflow (and click away the error), make changes to a query, but cannot save it. After validation it simply returns an blank screen of the workspace. 

The workaround by @ncbshiva doesn't work around the problem. Still cannot save a dataflow after changing the query.

Hope this can be resolved soon!

Menno

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

Hi everyone,

Also keep an eye on the Awareness.

Power BI customers editing existing dataflows may experience errors with the following message: “Cannot perform this operation due to an internal error.” As a workaround customers can migrate their dataflows to a new workspace. Engineers have identified the root cause and a fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 07/19/2021.

hilary_tesillo
Advocate I

After a couple of days the issue was fixed.