Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow takeover automatically restores non existing gateway data source

Hi all,

The issue appears when doing the following:

1. The owner creates a Dataflow which has an ODBC connection through Enterprise gateway and schedules a refresh,
  2. Dataflow is taken over by some other user who changes the ODBC connection pointing to a different server,
  3. Creator tries to again take over the same dataflow.

At this moment gateway requires both old and new connection to exist under Gateway sources (even though query only uses new connection). In case the old source is no longer available, we are no longer able to use the enterprise gateway since it requires old data source connection even though it's no longer listed nor used inside a query.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Kresimir ,

At this moment gateway requires both old and new connection to exist under Gateway sources (even though query only uses new connection). In case the old source is no longer available, we are no longer able to use the enterprise gateway since it requires old data source connection even though it's no longer listed nor used inside a query.

There may still exist some code or function which is related to the old data source. Have you checked each step in advanced editor? 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Kresimir

@v-yuta-msft,

The whole query consists of a single step which is a Postgresql query made through ODBC connection(no functions/merges/multiple sources/multiple queries inside the same dataflow). It seems like service memorizes internally old data source path and automatically adds it to dataflow requirements even though it doesn't exist anymore.

This happens to every dataflow that I originally created (which had its source changed by another member). After I take back those dataflows they become corrupt for every other user. Before corruption, they worked just fine and another member was able to select gateway and change query. 

What is more symptomatic is that I can set a scheduled refresh of corrupted dataflows even though the gateway is not selected. 

Regards,

Kresimir

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Kresimir ,

I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao