Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow refresh very slow

yesterday and today im experience Dataflow refresh very slow, it takes already a couple of minutes, normaly it takes a ferw secounds. is there any outage today ??

aleksandrama_0-1644914227272.png

loading the table in Dataflow is also very slow, it takes 1,5 minutes 

Hi  all,

Please check whether the data amount refreshed quite large so it caused the long time refresh. If your model is very simple, please try to refresh your dataflow with on-demand refresh to see whether you will have same issue or whether this issue is happening at a relative fixed time.

If your dataflow refresh issue is not caused the above reasons and you are a Pro user, please consider getting direct help from the technical team of Microsoft by support ticket. They will have a remote session with you to troubleshoot on this issue.

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to this blog: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

It couldn't be better if any of you post the root cause and solution of such issue here once you get them from technical team to help others who may encounter similar issue. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
openarchdata
Frequent Visitor

It has been brutally slow today. This renders data flow creation useless.

StNi
Frequent Visitor

Dataflows refreshed correctly this morning on my end, I hope your issues are also fixed today.

Marga93

My flows are refreshing today with no issues, good luck All 🙂

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  all,

Please check whether the data amount refreshed quite large so it caused the long time refresh. If your model is very simple, please try to refresh your dataflow with on-demand refresh to see whether you will have same issue or whether this issue is happening at a relative fixed time.

If your dataflow refresh issue is not caused the above reasons and you are a Pro user, please consider getting direct help from the technical team of Microsoft by support ticket. They will have a remote session with you to troubleshoot on this issue.

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to this blog: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

It couldn't be better if any of you post the root cause and solution of such issue here once you get them from technical team to help others who may encounter similar issue. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

jmlove0923
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue and I'm pretty sure this is tied to the support issue on the front page.  Only Premium dataflows aren't refreshing and our tenant is in the North Central doesn't make it better but at least we know it's not us.

jmlove0923_0-1645031090185.png

smpa01
Super User

A dataflow that gets run on a MSSQL source that returns 4M+ rows normally takes about 4-6 minutes to refresh on an incremental refresh, has been refreshing for 15+ hours.

Can you please please fix the issue? It is simply making me go crazy as I can't deliver it to client. 

PLEASE HELP ASAP.

altbra
Frequent Visitor

That the same issue which lasted for weeks in May 2021 and MS was silent that time as well. It is sad...

smpa01
Super User

I have a massive dataflow dependency to the overall reporting (60 dataflows) all of which have failed on schedule and does not refresh on-demand as well.

Please fix ASAP

PGhosh
Frequent Visitor

I am also having the same issue with dataflows. The refresh is not working and I am also not able to create a new dataflow.  Getting the below error. 

PGhosh_0-1645063960030.png

If I am trying to edit an existing dataflow it is getting stuck on "Validating queries" screen. 

This issue need to be fixed ASAP. 

PGhosh_0-1645051253355.png