Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow import requires AllowNativeQueries attribute to be false

When using the new import feature you can only import a dataflow model that has the AllowNativeQueries attribute as FALSE. There should be the capability to either:

1. import dataflow model JSONS where this attribute is TRUE
  2. modify dataflow JSON and republish without having to go through the standard edit screen which can take FOREVER for it to load a preview of data and validate the model.

My big beef with dataflows is that often times I'm making a small modification to the SQL associated with one entity (i.e. adjustment to the WHERE clause that has no impact on columns returned). With big entities it can take forever to make these updates as 7 out of 8 times the query validation will timeout after 10 min.

I know this is less business ETL oriented but I'd love to be able to modify the JSON, i.e. SQL query and columns, etc. without going through the slow validation process. I was hoping to be able to export JSON models, make minor adjustments and then import as a new dataflow but AllowNativeQueries has to be set to false on import meaning that in order to get the dataflow to run I would always have to do the UI edit/validation process which again takes forever.

Thanks!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

RobertSlattery
Resolver III

I am having the same problem, I just edited the JSON file and set it to false.  Just do a global search and replace in VS Code.  Not ideal but, does the trick.

v_mark
Helper V

@RobertSlattery -  Was able to try it and it works 

@v-qiuyu-msft - Export the JSON file. Search for the 

allowNativeQueries inside and set to false
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does someone know why is that happing?