Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow failure

This morning, dataflows sourced from an Azure SQL database failed to refresh. The error message was that SELECT permission was denied on the object <object> database <database> schema <schema>. When I navigated to the gateway data source, the authentication type was OAuth2. Previously, the authentication type was Basic. Something caused the authentication type to change to OAuth2. When I changed it back to Basic and re-entered credentials, it refreshed successfully.

This issue has been resolved, but I wanted to alert Microsoft and the community to this issue and solution.

Hi @DataInsights ,

Thanks for your sharing and the nice suggestion.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
rpuri
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm facing data flow failure as well ! Getting this error message. Have you encountered this notfication before : 

"There was a problem refreshing the dataflow, the dataflow definition contained errors. Please fix the problem and try again. Additional information: Unexpected exception, Message: <pi>Expression.Error: Token Comma expected.</pi>"

Would appreciate your help. Thanks

@DataInsights 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @DataInsights ,

Thanks for your sharing and the nice suggestion.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

DataInsights
Super User

@rpuri,

This is a common error that occurs when a comma is missing in the M code. Verify that each step is separated by a comma. Also, verify that functions with multiple arguments have the appropriate number of commas.