Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow editor won't save new tables

I'm creating my first production dataflow, using a Pro license, and trying to add 3 customer tables from different sources and publish them (no merging, no computed tables). The tables are only lightly transformed with a filter step and removing columns. Here are my steps that end up failing:

• Adding table #1 was fine - no issues.
  • When adding table #2, I clicked save & close, saw the schema validation pop-up and a loading screen...that never ends. I tried switching from Edge to Chrome, and it actually worked! So, now I have 2 tables in one dataflow.
  • Tried to add table #3 in Chrome, but now getting same loading screen that never ends, just like Edge.

No error messages given...when I reload the dataflow, a pop-up says Power Query wasn't properly closed and asks if I want to try recovering unsaved changes from the cache. This results in the same loading screen and never recovers my changes.

I made sure I'm not creating any computed tables, and I have successfully saved all 3 queries as 3 separate dataflows with 1 table each...I was just hoping to keep these together for better usability. Any idea what is going on? Thanks!

kflare_0-1633522432754.png

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@kflare 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, take a look at Dataflows best practices.

IcM 265486021

ChrisBurgessACT
Frequent Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft  any progress on this?
I have some REST API (Power BI) dataflows that wont save (prev saved and working perfectly), others will save etc. Inconsistency.

Cheers

Chris

kflare

Well I'm not sure if fixes were made behind the scenes or if the situation resolved itself, but I recently tried again to create these dataflows and...they worked! Haven't seen the issue occur since. I think this one can be closed. Thanks!

ChrisBurgessACT
Frequent Visitor

Still an issue down under in AU