Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow cannot be refreshed or edited

A dataflow that has been working for 8 months started failing this morning.  We can not refresh or edit the dataflow which is preventing us from examining and correcting the problem.  We've tried to access it on different browsers, machines, and as different users.  Is this a transient issue or is there an action that needs to be taken to fix it?

Comments
jpreciado
Regular Visitor

vlrtSkG

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jpreciado 

That works fine for me. You may try to clear cache and keep an eye on the Awareness.

jpreciado
Regular Visitor

I tried clearing cache and we tried editing the dataflow on different computers.  We get the same erorr when we click "Edit Entities" on the Dataflow

jpreciado_0-1612797305601.png

fkrijgs
Regular Visitor

Hi,

@jpreciado I have the same problem since last week. I can't refresh or change anything.

fkrijgs_0-1612802327253.png

@v-chuncz-msft 

I have copied the Mashup-text into word and then I added each query one by one to a new dataflow. Apparently there was suddenly an error in one query even though it has been running for several months without any problems.

It apparently had to do with the following line in the query:

NL: #"Geëxtraheerde datum" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Namen van kolommen gewijzigd", {}),

EN: #Extracted date" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Changed column names", {}),

When I remove this line, my new dataflow does work.

wintergolem
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue. Looks like power query is breaking anytime it's launched and the mashup text holds corrupted queries from everytime that user tried to edit a query. I switched browsers but the mashup text is still a massive list of query on top of query. I don't have the orginal queries so I'm stuck in limbo. I might be able to rebuild them and upload them, but if they break again I'm stuck in the same spot!

YuryPetrachenko
Advocate I

We have the same issue, North Europe/Netherlands

omitche2
Frequent Visitor

Same

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jpreciado 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

CRI 227312863

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jpreciado 

You may check it again.