Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow Refresh Error with SharePoint

Hi,

I've had a data flow that is connected to a Sharepoint csv for months without issue and now I'm getting the following error when refreshing the data:

"SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."

I've tried clearing the permissions and reconnected but end up with the same error.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Power Bi desktop.

The file is not large (5 mb) and I am able to navigate my SharePoint library from within Power Bi.

[EDIT]

Upon further investigation, I found that it succesfully located my CSV file on SharePoint but then fails when retrieving the binary content with a slightly different error message:

"DataSource.Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."

[EDIT 2.0]

I have managed to extract a more detailed error message:

Unexpected error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
Details:

Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Http.ResponseException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Http.ResponseException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Boolean renegotiation)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Hi @clemlanoe 

It's a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue, I will come back and update if there is progress .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @clemlanoe 

It's a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue, I will come back and update if there is progress .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Ryoichi-
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Would you please share the latest status on this issue as I'm seeing the same issue?

clemlanoe
Regular Visitor

It seems to have fixed itaelf after several days.. 

Ryoichi-
Regular Visitor

Hi @clemlanoe,

Thank you for an update.

In my case, I'm still seeing below error today... it's been more than a week.

Sometimes refresh is successfully completed by making data volume less but sometimes it fails even with the same data volume as successful case so I have no idea to resolve.

Error: PipelineException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Hope that some fixes will come soon or you have any idea to resolve my case.