Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dataflow Fails to refresh

Hi,

I have a workspace that is configured to use PowerBI's inbuilt storage for dataflow. I created a dataflow that would connect to AdventureWorksDW2017 database on my on-premise server. Created an entity for DimAccount table, saved it and refreshed. It works fine. The refresh log is as below

Run timeDataflow nameDataflow refresh statusEntity nameStart timeEnd timeEntity refresh statusError
11/2/2019 13:13TestDFCompletedDimAccount11/2/2019 13:1311/2/2019 13:14Completed 

I created a new workspace and have configured it to store the dataflow in the linked ADLS2 storage. And then created a dataflow that would connect to the same AdventureWorksDW2017 database on the same on-premise server. Created an entity for DimAccount table, saved it and refreshed. It FAILS to refresh. Please note that the folder structure and the empty files do get created in ADLS2, but it fails to populate those with data. The refresh log is as below

Run timeDataflow nameDataflow refresh statusEntity nameStart timeEnd timeEntity refresh statusError
11/2/2019 13:12DimAccountFailedDimAccount11/2/2019 13:1211/2/2019 13:12FailedError: Internal error Request ID: 04834762-aaa4-70e8-6df8-395d82fb809f Activity ID: af3147ad-4f6a-4e83-acc8-402fb5ba81a4

In the same workspace, when I created a new dataflow, to store the data in the ADLS2 storage and this time used Azure SQL Database or D365 CRM online as source, for the entity, the refresh is successful. I do see the files getting created in ADLS2.

Please help me in resolving this refresh issue.

Regards,

Ashish

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Where is your Power BI data stored?Please show your Power BI data region as shown in the following screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is SouthEast Asia.

PBI Region.jpg

Regards,

Ashish

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@aruparel ,

I use internal tool to track the above error and get the following detailed information. ADLS Gen2 storage is not supported with Gateway, this is currently by design.

"ObjectModelOperationNotSupportedForModelTypeException: ADLS Gen2 storage not supported with Gateway"

Regards,
Lydia