Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataSource Error from Microsoft Graph Security Connector

Hi,

I (and others according to forum post linked below) am receiving errors when trying to connect to the Microsoft Graph Security (beta) connector.

I can authenticate fine, but when choosing the data to load I have problems.  (I have granted the app permissions as well as required security reader role).

I select API version as beta and can choose from Alerts, Secure Score Control Profiles, Secure Scores, and custom graph security.  The two I need (Secure score control profiles & secure score) both get an error on preview and don't load any data.  Doing a custom query will allow me to see  high \ medium level alerts etc.  Has anyone seen this before and know how to resolve?

This was the guide I was following.  Steps 8 and 9 work for searching high priority alerts but looking to pull the security sore.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-graph-security

Error - 

DataSource.Error: The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid. Error: The type microsoft.graph.dataLossPreventionPolicy has conflicting definitions for the property id.
Details:
DataSourceKind=MicrosoftGraphSecurity
DataSourcePath=MicrosoftGraphSecurity
Property=id

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/DataSource-Error-from-Microsoft-Graph-Security-Connecto...

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mattreed

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 162808147. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

hcontijoch
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I'm  using the connector to get the alerts using filters and it works properly on desktop, when published I can manually refresh it but give me a credential error when trying to create a schedule. 

thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have this issue except its only with adding the data to the BI gateway. I have no issues with BI Desktop and accessing v1 data. I only get this error when attempting to correct my credentials for auto refresh. I cannot update them on the gateway without this same error reason.