cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected e

"DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."

Is there a known bug that has brought this error back? I am receiving variations of the above on all SharePoint connections in PBI desktop. 

Desktop Version: 2.111.590.0 64-bit (November 2022)

SharePoint in Microsoft 365

We got the feedback from PG team

"After further investigate,Customer needs to work with their internal network team."

Comments
v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @wynhodgkiss ,

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 346380410.

Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Kory09

Have there been any updates here? I have been unable to make updates to dashboards leveraging SharePoint Folder connector since last week

dhirendra59
Helper I

Any update on this bug fix? We are also unable to connect to SharePoint files with PowerBI.

auk
Regular Visitor

Same here, I hope there is soon a solution for this bug

wynhodgkiss
Helper I

This proved to be a local issue rather than Power BI for me. After recreating my permissions on sharepoint and ensuring I am always on a vpn when using powwer bi desktop, the problem has now ceased.

auk
Regular Visitor

It's an network problem, when switching to cable instead of Wifi the problem was fixed. 

Things I tried before: 

- Reparing the complete office package

- Resetting Sharepoint connection in Powerquery 

- reinstallling Onedrive

etc 

its the cable...

MikeAClarke
Regular Visitor

We are also now expriencing this isuse.  As this has been accepted as an issue, what is the ETA for a solution please.  Massive problem for our business right now.

v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

We got the feedback from PG team

"After further investigate,Customer needs to work with their internal network team."