Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected e

"DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."

Is there a known bug that has brought this error back? I am receiving variations of the above on all SharePoint connections in PBI desktop. 

Desktop Version: 2.111.590.0 64-bit (November 2022)

SharePoint in Microsoft 365

We got the feedback from PG team

"After further investigate,Customer needs to work with their internal network team."

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @wynhodgkiss ,

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 346380410.

Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Kory09

Have there been any updates here? I have been unable to make updates to dashboards leveraging SharePoint Folder connector since last week

dhirendra59
Helper I

Any update on this bug fix? We are also unable to connect to SharePoint files with PowerBI.

auk
Regular Visitor

Same here, I hope there is soon a solution for this bug

wynhodgkiss
Helper III

This proved to be a local issue rather than Power BI for me. After recreating my permissions on sharepoint and ensuring I am always on a vpn when using powwer bi desktop, the problem has now ceased.

auk
Regular Visitor

It's an network problem, when switching to cable instead of Wifi the problem was fixed. 

Things I tried before: 

- Reparing the complete office package

- Resetting Sharepoint connection in Powerquery 

- reinstallling Onedrive

etc 

its the cable...

MikeAClarke
Regular Visitor

We are also now expriencing this isuse.  As this has been accepted as an issue, what is the ETA for a solution please.  Massive problem for our business right now.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

We got the feedback from PG team

"After further investigate,Customer needs to work with their internal network team."

milenahiggins
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing this and confirmed it is not a network issue. I can run the same query on two different machines and it works just fine on one but not on the other. Both or running Win 11, but here are the differences:

1. Machine that gets the error: Windows 11 Pro, Ver 22H2; I also updated the SSL Cipher Suite as described in https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/security/tls/manage-tls
  2. Machine that works: Windows 11 Home, Ver 21H2

Both are on the same network. Any ideas on what else to try? @v-xiaoyan-msft