Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [07006] [Oracle][ODBC]Restricted data type attribute violation

Hello,

in Power BI Desktop (Version: 2.41.4581.361 32-bit (November 2016)) I want to connect to an Oracle data base via ODBC.

I do have an ODBC data source set up, which so far worked fine in application MS Access 2016 and MS Excel 2016. In Power BI, however, I get an error.

At first the connection seems to wok fine, I get a list of all tables in the data base as expected. But when I try to load a table, the following error message comes up:

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [07006] [Oracle][ODBC]Restricted data type attribute violation.

Details:

DataSourceKind=Odbc

DataSourcePath=dsn=LAWRPT90

OdbcErrors=Table

However, if in settings in SQL statement optional field I put something like SELECT * FROM TABLE_NAME I can access specific table. This could be a workaround for me but it’s very inconvenient approach

I have same issue connecting in Power Query or Power Pivot in Excel 2016.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks, Danil

Comments
GregHeap

I have the identical problem. The workaround also works fine - I access the data using SQL.

Is anyone investigating? It is easily reproducable.

Blame73
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.

Seems like they don't want us to use Oracle...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here. I'm using a ODBC connetion to a Firebird database.

TinHau
Frequent Visitor

This problem still exists in 2.52 , native Oracle driver doesn't work. Not that I want to use oracle databases, but unfortunately I must. Any fix on the roadmap ?