Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataSets Not Visible in Power BI Desktop

I created a new Dataset in a workshop from an Excel document in a SharePoint site.  That dataset is available to be seen in the power bi service site.  I can't, however, use the dataset from Power BI Desktop for a specific pbix file.  It's simply not available to me, the creator, from Get Data > Power BI Datasets menu.  I can, however, access it from a newly created pbix file through Get Date > Power BI Datasets.

I've enabled the preview capability for the document.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

You have enabled DirectQuery for PBI datasets and AS option in Preview feature, right?

vcazhengmsft_0-1656642887071.png

May I know what is the connection mode to the data source in your specific report? What’s the data source of it? If you search the target dataset in Search box, will you see it?

vcazhengmsft_1-1656642887073.png

With this specific report, will you see other datasets as an option in the Power BI datasets connector? Did you configure any privacy level or Sensitivity on the target dataset?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi

You have enabled DirectQuery for PBI datasets and AS option in Preview feature, right?

vcazhengmsft_0-1656642887071.png

May I know what is the connection mode to the data source in your specific report? What’s the data source of it? If you search the target dataset in Search box, will you see it?

vcazhengmsft_1-1656642887073.png

With this specific report, will you see other datasets as an option in the Power BI datasets connector? Did you configure any privacy level or Sensitivity on the target dataset?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun