Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataFlow - Gateway Connection Not Detecting automatically

I am an admin to an enterprise gateway.
We have created an ODBC gateway connection, and, when creating a dataflow using the ODBC connector, when the DSN name is input the gateway connection is not detected automatically. 

Expected Behaviour - Once the DSN is input, the gateway connection, username and password are automatically populated. 
@Anonymous. 

ptoms_0-1658157194049.png

Hi @ptoms ,

This has been determined internally to be an unknown feature limitation.

For now the work around would be to either write out a full connection string (eg. `driver={foo};server=svr;schema=ignored`), or include your wanted schema value as part of the DSN.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear MS Team,

Please help us with this issue. We have multiple of developer unable to resume their developemendue to this.

All have sufficient access to use the Gateway connection, however the Gateway is not detected when creating the Dataflow. OP and I as Gateway Admins too are seeing same behaviour  

jstorm2
Regular Visitor

I believe the connection string is case sensitive

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstorm2 Yes, we are using the correct cases. Still the issue persists

Ramesh10
Regular Visitor

Hello Support Team, Any updates on this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
@v-xiaoyan-msft 
@v-cazheng-msft 

Could you please help us here?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @ptoms ,

This has been determined internally to be an unknown feature limitation.

For now the work around would be to either write out a full connection string (eg. `driver={foo};server=svr;schema=ignored`), or include your wanted schema value as part of the DSN.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn